Girls and Boys U13 to U18 Divisions – $500
Minimum of three 50-minute 11 vs 11 games guaranteed
Peterborough Challenge Cup for Girls
June 3-4, 2023
Application deadline: 20 May 2023 at 6 p.m.
Peterborough Challenge Cup for Boys
June 17-18, 2023
Application deadline: 3 June 2023 at 6 p.m.
Teams that are U12 and younger can participate in the Peterborough Festival that takes place over the same two weekends.
Since its inception in 1990, the Challenge Cup has been a regular stop for many of Ontario’s top club teams. Indeed, the tournament has grown substantially each year. The key factors that keep teams coming back are easily identified: outstanding facilities & fields situated in a beautiful beachfront park, a chance for the whole family to get away to cottage country, on-site camping, the charm of Peterborough, plenty of places to go between games and, of course, a top quality soccer event. The 2023 tournament promises to be the best Challenge Weekend yet.
Tournament games take place on the 4 soccer fields in Eastgate Memorial Park and the 6 fields in Beavermead Park which is just across the street. You can use the Soccer Fields Location – City Map to find the best travel routes around the city.
How to Apply
- Complete the online Team Entry Form;
- Submit payment* by e-transfer to ;
- Submit your approved travel permit (ATF)**.
*Payment is due within 24 hours of submitting your application and no later than the deadline for registrations which is two weeks before the tournament.
**An approved travel permit (ATF) must be submitted by email in PDF format to tournament@ pcsasoccer.com at least two weeks before the tournament (PCSA teams excepted).
The tournament is open to Girls (June 4-5) and Boys (June 18-19) Competitive Club teams from U13 up to U18 age divisions. The tournament classification is Inter-District, meaning that teams can apply from anywhere in Ontario. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
U9 to U12 teams can register for the one-day Peterborough Festival that is held on the same two weekends as the Challenge Cup.
Teams are guaranteed a minimum of three games over two days. Games will be 50 minutes long with a 5 minute break at half-time. Game format is 11 vs 11. Preliminary games will be Round Robin format with pools of 4 teams where possible. The top teams from each group will advance to the Championship Round. Championships are single-game knock-out competitions. The round robin format will be adapted to the number of teams in the division.
Award presentations for the division winners and runners-up will be held immediately following each championship game in the clubhouse at Eastgate Memorial Park or at the pavilion in Beavermead Park.
The tournament schedule will be posted on the Sunday before the tournament weekend.
All teams must register at the Marvin Buchan Soccer Centre, Eastgate Park, 2150 Ashburnham Drive on Friday evening between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm or on Saturday morning at the convenor’s table at your field, at least 1 hour prior to your first game. Players are not required to attend the registration.
The following documents must be presented at registration:
- Tournament Master Roster (2 copies)
Right-click to download form as PDF or EXCEL;
- Players’ Registration Books/Cards*;
- Team Officials’ Registration Books/Cards*;
- Game sheets (1 per game, maximum 6) – you will give one game sheet to the referee at each game. Please fill in all game details in advance, or as much as possible, using the information on the schedule.
Right-click to download form as PDF or EXCEL;
You will save yourself considerable time at registration if you have the required number of all the required documents ready to present, and your players books arranged in the order that they appear on your Tournament Master Roster.
*If clubs/teams have digital rosters (not books, just digital paper player cards) they must bring with them for registration:
- Their OS roster with all player and team official clear photos on it approved by their district (signed off).
- All player and team official ID cards approved by the district (these can be all on one or more sheets – they do not need to be printed individually. These must be stamped in ink by the district approving them, NOT digitally stamped.
- For any call ups being used (u13 and up), the OS approved roster showing the player name and team registered with, including the player card/book.
- For any club that has approval of call ups for U12 and under, proof of district approval is required.
- Teams that use a digital roster are requested to check in at Eastgate if at all possible to ensure a smooth registration process.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to change the format of play due to unforeseen circumstances.
Tournament Chair: Fevri Pazari (email: tournament @ pcsasoccer.com)
- Team Entry Form
- Master Roster PDF or EXCEL (2 copies required at registration)
- Game sheet PDF or EXCEL (6 copies required at registration)
- Girls Registered Teams
- Boys Registered Teams
- Visitor Information
- City Map and Field Locations