Peterborough City Soccer Association is following the guidelines as laid out in the Ontario Soccer Return To Play Guide as a way to ensure all our players, coaches, staff, volunteers, and members are safe as we return to the pitch.
Ontario Soccer’s Return to Play Plan consists of a phased-in approach ensuring return to soccer (final stage) is done in a progressive manner. This method is to ensure the soccer system transitions as governmental health authorities modify their health and safety standards over time as our communities return to the new normal of life as well as sport and recreational participation.
The Ontario Soccer Return to Play Guide/Plan consists of a three-phase approach that includes:
Phase 1: Return to Training (modified training)
Conditions: All Phase 1 Return to Train conditions are met
Restrictions: No contact, no league, exhibition, festival or tournament games
Phase 2: Return to Training and Modified Games (enhanced training & modified games)
Conditions: All Phase 2 Return to Train conditions are met
Inter-squad and Intra-squad modified games permitted (only within the Club/Academy)
Restrictions: No league, exhibition, festival or tournament games
Phase 3: Return to Soccer (regular competition, games and training)
Conditions: Social distancing restrictions have been lifted
The phases outlined above apply equally to all recreational, competitive and high performance level soccer.
The Return to Play Guide includes:
• Training and Competition Recommendations & Guidelines for Soccer Organizations
• Recommendations and Guidelines for Players
• Recommendations and Guidelines for Parents
• Recommendations and Guidelines for Coaching
• Recommendations and Guidelines for Match Officials
• Equipment Safety
• Provide a Safe and Clean Environment – Fields, Clubhouse, Offices
• Risk Management and Insurance
• Emergency Response Plan
• Legal Considerations
Ontario Soccer has also included information on Technical Resources, such as Sample Training Sessions, Return to Play Participant waivers and links to COVID-19 Public Health Resources.
– Return to Play Guide (Ontario Soccer)
– Safety Plan Guidelines (City of Peterborough)